Wednesday, November 21, 2012

YOU JUST DRIVE



                               "YOU JUST DRIVE, I'LL DO THE REST" *
 A story is told about actor Charlton Heston that illustrates our need
to do all we can and then trust God to what we cannot.

      It seems that during the making of the great epic movie "Ben Hur,"
Heston worked long hours with the stunt trainers to learn to drive a
chariot for the movie's crucial chariot race scene.  He improved greatly
with his mastery over the horses and rig, but finally became convinced the
task was more than a challenge than he had initially anticipated.  He
approached the legendary director of the movie, Cecil de Mille about the scene.

      "Mr. de Mille," he said, "I've worked very hard at mastering this rig,
and I think I can drive it convincingly in the scene.  But I don't think I
can win the race."

      The director replied, "You just drive. I'll do the rest."

      God has a way of orchestrating the various races we run during the
course of our lives. He trusts us to do our part in "manning the rigs." We
must trust him to determine the result of the race. As one engineer has
said, "God provides the initial input. We provide the output. And God
provides the outcome."

      "The greatest act of faith is when man decides he is not God."

   ** DEAR LORD, without you I am nothing.  You are my faithful provider
and counsellor.  I rely not on my own understanding but on your perfect plan
for me. In all my ways I acknowledge and honour you.  Because I acknowledge
you, daily I pray that you direct, make straight and regulate my ways.  I
run the race of life confident and sure, for I know you control my life. As
I do my best, sustain me with your faith.  Lord, give me steps that are
sure, a path that is clear -- a future that is bright and brimming.  Then
welcome me at the end of the race, for I have become victorious and
faithful in your name.


No comments:

Post a Comment