Monday, November 19, 2012

LET GO


  By John Coen


                             "...WHEN MINE LETS GO"
       As I watched my six-year-old Whitney walk down the driveway, pony
tail bobbing, I wanted to run out and stop her.  I knew I was
over-reacting.  After all she was only getting on the school bus to start
first grade.

      Part of me realized it was time for me not to push her out of nest,
but at least to let her try her wings.  But letting go is very difficult.
Had my wife Cherry and I prepared her for the adventure she was just now
starting?

      I worry about being prepared for everything.  I remember when I
decided to get married, when we wanted to start having children, when we
took over full management of our farm, every time we've planted a new crop.
I fussed over countless details on all these occasions: "Have I covered
everything?  Am I ready?"  But the time came when I just had to do it.  We
got married, we had children, we took over the farm, we planted those
seeds  in the ground...we waved goodbye to our new first-grader.

     I thought about this all day today.  I'm never really prepared for
everything-- and that's where God helps me. His hand takes over when mine
lets go. Cherry and I have done our best, and now we have to have faith in
God's guidance.

     And a little faith in Whitney, too  She's running up the driveway now,
and judging from the look on her face, she's had a successful first day of
school -- without my fatherly help.

DEAR LORD, remind me that You are the potter and I am the clay. Every turn
of my life rests in You. In everything encourage me to  do my best, Lord.
And then teach me to surrender all things to You, believing that You will
do the rest.*



No comments:

Post a Comment