Thursday, November 22, 2012

MOTHER


By Sharon Johnson Odonnell

MOTHER,  I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU IN MY LIFE

            When I was born, I was glad
            you were there to hold me,
            to feed me and rock me to sleep.
            As I grew, I was glad
            you were there to make our house
            feel like a home.
            When I was a teenager, I was glad
            you were there to talk to me
            when things weren't going quite right;
            you would tell me it would be okay.
            I am glad you've always been there
            to encourage me to do my best
            in whatever I do.
            You've been there to reassure me
            at times in my life when
            it was so hard to find the answers.
            And I'm glad you always forgave me
            for the arguments that it seems
            most children have with their mother.

           Now that I'm grown, I've realized
           that all the wise decisions you made
           over the years have helped me
           become the person I am.
           The love you gave me, the trust,
           discipline, and understanding
           were exactly what I needed to grow.
           I find that I appreciate you
           even more than I did when I was little,
           because I know now what
           a difficult job it is to be
           the kind of mother you are.
           And even though I'm not little anymore,
           I still need you, Mother.
           I still come to you to talk, laugh,
           and even cry about this world and life.
           At every time in my life,
           I need you and love you more than ever.

             *******************************
               TO ALL DEAR MOTHERS,

                HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment