Thursday, November 22, 2012

NOBODY'S FRIEND


         NOBODY'S FRIEND
           (Author Unknown)
     My name is Gossip. 
     I have no respect for justice.
     I maim without killing.
     I break hearts and ruin lives.
     I am cunning and malicious
     and gather strength with age.
     The more I am quoted,
     the more I am believed.
     My victims are helpless.
     They cannot protect themselves against me
     because I have no name or face.
     To track me down is impossible.
     The harder you try,
     the more elusive I become.
     I am nobody's friend.
     Once I tarnish a reputation,
     it is never the same.
     I topple governments
     and wreck marriages.
     I ruin careers
     and cause sleepless nights,
     heartaches and indignation.
     I make innocent people
     cry in their pillows.
     Even my name hisses.
     I am called Gossip.
     I make headlines and headaches.


No comments:

Post a Comment