Wednesday, November 21, 2012

NOBODY'S FRIEND



By Dr. Charles Mayo

                    NOBODY'S FRIEND


     I'm old man ‘Worry’, and I'm nobody's friend,
     Though I'm called in many a home.
     When trouble comes, for me they will send,
     And it matters not where they roam.

     For me they will lay awake many a night,
     And I pay them in shattered nerves.
     But they hold me and cuddle me tight--
     I'm an old man whom many a one serves.

     The rich and the poor invite me in,
     And I go wherever they ask.
     But they should know I hurt like sin,
     And unfit them for any task.

     I rob them of friends, as well as health,
     And things that are held most dear.
     And it matters not if they have wealth,
     They are not happy when I am near.

     But there are two smart ones where I can't abide--
     They are Faith and Hope, I declare!
     Wherever they go I stay outside--
     No room to crowd in there.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"LORD, today I will set aside my worries and fears
and move forward with hope and faith, always relying
on Your guidance. For I know that a man's mind
plans his own, but our mighty Lord directs his steps."
----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment