Thursday, November 22, 2012

QUOTES BY SPECIAL PEOPLE


                                            QUOTES BY SPECIAL PEOPLE


The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
- Benjamin Franklin
It is so pleasant to come across people more stupid than ourselves. We love them at once for being so.
- Jerome K. Jerome
The only thing that ever consoles man for the stupid things he does is the praise he always gives himself for doing them.
- Oscar Wilde

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell happened.
-
Cora Harvey Armstrong
The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.
-
Helen Hayes (at 73)
I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
-
Janette Barber
Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
-
Lily Tomlin
A male gynaecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
-
Carrie Snow
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-
Laurie Kuslansky
My second favourite household chore is ironing.
My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-
Erma Bombeck
Old age ain't no place for sissies.
-
Bette Davis
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
-
Rhonda Hansome
The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
-
Jane Sellman
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
-
Jennifer Unlimited
Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half
as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
-
Charlotte Whitton
Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
-
Caryn Leschen
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-
Jennifer Unlimited
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
-
Catherine
When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded kids for two years before they realized I actually had a hearing loss. And they called ME slow!
-
Kathy Buckley
I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb ... and I'm also not blonde.
-
Dolly Parton
If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.
-
Sue Grafton
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.
-
Roseanne Barr
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.
-
Elayne Boosler
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.
-
Maryon Pearson
In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man- if you want anything done, ask a woman.
-
Margaret Thatcher
I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.
-
Gloria Steinem
I am a marvellous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.
-
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-
Eleanor Roosevelt
A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
-
Eleanor Roosevelt

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment