Sunday, March 30, 2014

PRAYERS FOR VARIOUS NEEDS


This is an awesome prayer.
Believe it and you shall be blessed.
The problem with many of us is that we don't believe that God will open a window and pour out blessings that we won't have room to receive them. I dare anyone to try God. He is true to His word. God cannot lie and His promises are sure.


"Heavenly Father, most Gracious and Loving God, I pray to you that you abundantly bless my family and me. I know that you recognize, that a family is more than just a mother, father, sister, brother, husband and wife, but all who believe and trust in you. Father, I send up a prayer request for blessings for not only the person who sent this to me, but for me and all that I have forwarded this message on to. And that the power of joined prayer by those who believe and trust in you, is more powerful than anything. I thank you in advance for
you blessings. 
Father God, deliver the person reading this right now from debt and debt burdens. Release your Godly wisdom that I may be a good steward over all that You have given me Father, for I know how wonderful and mighty you are and how if we just obey you and walk In your word and have the faith of a mustard seed that you will pour out blessings. I thank you now Lord for the recent blessings I have received and for the blessings yet to come because I know you are not done with me yet. In Jesus’ name, I pray.

Amen"

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 09:02 AM PDT
Each of us should carry a thankful heart for every “yes” we receive from God as an answer to prayer. We can also be thankful He doesn’t say “yes” to prayers that are not in agreement with His will—prayers that are based on our wisdom and not on His; that would bring leanness to our souls; that would put us in the wrong place; that would make us ineffective; that would bring us into wrong relationships; that would cause our hearts to cool; that would keep us from His highest and rob us of His best.

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know He gives His pledged word
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered soon or late,
Though often it is hard to wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
I leave my prayer with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send an answer far more blest.
-Unknown
 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 1 John 5:14 AMP

 All for Thee, O Heart of Jesus
How sweet it is to feel, dear Lord,
That Thou wilt surely see
Each work, or thought, or act of mine
That may be done for Thee!

That when I try with pure intent
To serve, to please, to love Thee,
Thy watchful Heart each effort knows,
Thy blessing rests above me.

Empty my soul of all desire
Man’s idle praise to seek,
Hide me in Thee, for Thou dost know
How frail I am - and weak.

Take Thou my all, since for so long
Thy providence has sought me,
Make me Thine own, since at such cost
Thy Precious Blood has bought me.

Live, Jesus, live, so live in me,
That all I do be done by Thee,
And grant that all I think and say
May be Thy thoughts and words today.

ALL SOULS’ DAY 
Lord, grant that the greater harvest
Which we came on earth to save,
May be golden and ripe for the reaping
‘Ere we go the lonely grave;
That our souls in the last dread autumn
May be clean as the hill and lea,
When we bring life’s grain to the haggard
and offer it all to thee.

O great and merciful God,
We praise and thank you
that you have brought our dearest parents,
 brothers, sisters, and friends,
at their last awakening,
into your house and gate of heaven,
to enter into that gate
and dwell in that house
where shall be no darkness nor dazzling,
but one equal light,
no noise nor silence, but one equal music,
no fears nor hopes, but one equal possession,
no ends nor beginnings, but one equal eternity
in the habitations of your glory and dominion,
where there is continuous happiness
and profounder joy in your presence
wherein they see you as you are,
for ever and ever. Amen.

An Ancient Prayer to Saint Joseph
O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, assist me by thy powerful intercession and obtain for me all spiritual blessings through thy foster Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord, so that, having engaged here below thy heavenly power, I may offer thee my thanksgiving and homage.
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thine arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.
St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for me.

Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, be my sanctification;
Body of Christ, be my salvation;
Blood of Christ, fill all my veins;
Water of Christ's side, wash out my stains;
Passion of Christ, my comfort be;
O good Jesu, listen to me;
In Thy wounds I fain would hide;
Ne'er to be parted from Thy side;
Guard me, should the foe assail me;
Call me when my life shall fail me;
Bid me come to Thee above,
With Thy saints to sing Thy love,
World without end. Amen.

Blessed J. H. Newman’s Prayer

LORD JESUS,
Help me to spread your fragrance wherever I go.
Flood my soul with your Spirit and Life.
Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly,
that all my life may be only a radiance of yours.
Shine through me, and be so in me,
that every soul I come in contact with
may feel your presence in my soul.
Let them look and see, no longer me,
but only JESUS.


Prayer for holiness
Stay with me, and then I shall begin to
shine as You shine: so to shine as to be a
light to others. The light, O Jesus, will be
all from You. None of it will be mine. It
will be You who shines through me upon
others. O let me thus praise You, in the
way which You love best, by shining on all
those around me. Give light to them as
well as to me; light them with me, through
me. Teach me to show forth Your praise,
Your truth, Your will. Make me preach You
without preaching - not by words, but by
my example and by the catching force, the
sympathetic influence, of what I do - by
my visible resemblance to Your saints, and
the evident fullness of the love which my
heart bears to You.

                              The Blessings That Are Ours Because He Lives. 

Please take a moment to relax your mind and humble your heart to focus on Christ. Allow God, to be the only person on your mind while you read this prayer. If we can take the time to read long jokes, stories, etc.,we should give the same respect to this prayer. Friends that pray together, stay together.
 Dear Lord,
I thank You for this day. I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your forgiveness.
Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.
Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over. Let me continue to see sin through God's eyes and acknowledge it as evil.
And when I sin, let me repent, and confess with my mouth my wrongdoing, and receive the forgiveness of God. And when this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus' example to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. It's the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others. I pray for those that don't believe. But I thank you that I believe. Lord I love you and I need you, come into my heart, please. (Just repeat this phrase and see how God moves!! )
I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly. This is my prayer. In Jesus' Name, Amen .


 Caregiver's Prayer
 Father, help me to be a caregiver as You care for us—work through my hands with the touch of compassion, see through my eyes with the clarity of understanding, shine through my countenance with the light of kindness, speak through my voice with the words of comfort and encouragement, minister through my spirit with grace and patience, and give through my heart with the never-ending gift of love. Amen!
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 


The Prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian

O Lord and Master of my life, keep from me the spirit of indifference and discouragement, lust of power and idle chatter. [kneel/prostration]
Instead, grant to me, Your servant, the spirit of wholeness of being, humble-mindedness, patience, and love. [kneel/prostration]
O Lord and King, grant me the grace to be aware of my sins and not to judge my brother; for You are blessed now and ever and forever. Amen. [kneel/prostration]

EUCHARIST
We should leave each visit to the Blessed Sacrament renewed in our commitment to live a Christian life. This Offering of Oneself to Christ in the Eucharist, written by John Henry Cardinal Newman, reminds us of the sacrifice that Christ made for us, in dying on the Cross, and asks Christ in the Blessed Sacrament to help us to dedicate our lives to Him. It is the perfect prayer to end a visit to the Blessed Sacrament.

An Offering of Oneself to Christ in the Eucharist

My Lord, I offer You myself in turn as a sacrifice of thanksgiving. You have died for me, and I in turn make myself over to You. I am not my own. You have bought me; I will by my own act and deed complete the purchase. My wish is to be separated from everything of this world; to cleanse myself simply from sin; to put away from me even what is innocent, if used for its own sake, and not for Yours. I put away reputation and honour, and influence, and power, for my praise and strength shall be in You. Enable me to carry on what I profess. Amen.



 PRAYER

If every part of my life is with you,
and in you, Lord,
then everything is made good:
even the things I struggle not to resent,
even the draining and hurting encounters.
Let every moment of my life
be your moment, whether or not
I consciously remember you;
and make me more open
to the pulse of your life
and the breath of your love.
Amen


 Consecration to the Holy Family
O Jesus, our most loving Redeemer, who having come to enlighten the world with Thy teaching and example, didst will to pass the greater part of Thy life in humility and subjection to Mary and Joseph in the poor home in Nazareth, thus sanctifying the Family that was to be an example for all Christian families, graciously receive our family as it dedicates and consecrates itself to Thee this day. Do Thou defend us, guard us and establish amongst us Thy holy fear, true peace, and concord in Christian love: in order that, by conforming ourselves to the divine pattern of Thy family, we may be able, all of us without exception, to attain to eternal happiness.
Mary, dear Mother of Jesus and Mother of us, by thy kindly intercession make this our humble offering acceptable in the sight of Jesus, and obtain for us His graces and blessings.
O Saint Joseph, most holy guardian of Jesus and Mary, assist us by thy prayers in all our spiritual and temporal necessities; that so we may be enabled to praise our divine Saviour Jesus, together with Mary and thee, for all eternity.


For Pope Benedict
Almighty, ever living God,
Who has given your faithful servant Benedict grace to maintain his faith and hope in you,
Amid the labours of his apostolic ministry,
Graciously bestow on him, we pray, the consolation of your Holy Spirit, and uphold him in serenity of life,
Through Christ our Lord
Amen
Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us
St. Peter, pray for us,
St Paul, pray for us
St. Benedict pray for us,
All holy men and women, pray for us




Hail Holy Queen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us;
and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.


PRAYER FOR HEALING

Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,
You are the One I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from his body.
Dear Lord, I ask you to turn this weakness into strength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May your servant trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let him be filled with patience and joy in your presence as he waits for your healing touch.
Please restore your servant to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from his heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through his life.
As you heal and renew your servant, Lord, may he bless and praise you.
All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Litany of the Most Holy Name of Jesus
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us. Lord, have mercy on us. Jesus, hear us. Jesus, graciously hear us.
God the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, redeemer of the world,
God the Holy Ghost,
Holy Trinity, one God,
Jesus, Son of the living God,
Jesus, brightness of eternal light,
Jesus, king of glory,
Jesus, son of justice,
Jesus, Son of the virgin Mary,
Jesus, most amiable,
Jesus, most admirable,
Jesus, the mighty God,
Jesus, father of the world to come,
Jesus, angel of great counsel,
Jesus, most powerful,
Jesus, most patient,
Jesus, most obedient,
Jesus, meek and humble of heart,
Jesus, lover of chastity,
Jesus, lover of us,
Jesus, God of peace,
Jesus, author of life,
Jesus, example of virtues,
Jesus, zealous lover of souls,
Jesus, our God,
Jesus, our refuge,
Jesus, father of the poor,
Jesus, treasure of the faithful,
Jesus, good Shepherd,
Jesus, true light,
Jesus, eternal wisdom,
Jesus, infinite goodness,
Jesus, our way and our life,
Jesus, joy of angels,
Jesus, king of Patriarchs,
Jesus, master of the Apostles,
Jesus, teacher of the Evangelists,
Jesus, strength of martyrs,
Jesus, light of Confessors,
Jesus, purity of virgins,
Jesus, crown of all saints, have mercy on us.
Be merciful, spare us, O Jesus.
Be merciful, graciously hear us, O Jesus.
From all evil, deliver us, O Jesus.
From all sin,
From Thy wrath,
From the snares of the devil,
From the spirit of fornication,
From everlasting death,17/01/2012
From the neglect of your inspirations,
By the mystery of Thy holy Incarnation,
By Thy nativity,
By your infancy,
By Thy most divine life,
By Thy labours,
By your agony and passion,
By Thy cross and dereliction,
By Thy sufferings,
By Thy death and burial,
By Thy resurrection,
By your ascension,
By your institution of the most Holy Eucharist,
By your joys,
By your glory, deliver us, O Jesus.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, spare us, O Jesus.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, hear us, O Jesus.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us, O Jesus.
Jesus, hear us.
Jesus, graciously hear us.
Let us pray.
O Lord Jesus Christ, who hast said: ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you; mercifully attend to our supplications, and grant us the gift of Thy divine charity, that we may ever love Thee with our whole heart and with all our words and deeds, and may never cease from praising Thee.
Make us, O Lord, to have a perpetual fear and love of Thy holy name, for you never fail to help and govern those whom Thou dost bring up in Thy steadfast fear and love; who live and reign for ever and ever. Amen.

Act of Reparation for Blasphemies Uttered Against the

Holy Name of Jesus

O Jesus, my Saviour and Redeemer, Son of the living God, behold, we kneel before you and offer you our reparation; we would make amends for all the blasphemies uttered against your holy name, for all the injuries done to you in the Blessed Sacrament, for all the irreverence shown toward your Immaculate Virgin Mother, for all the calumnies and slanders spoken against your spouse, the holy Catholic Church. O Jesus, who has said: "If you ask the Father anything in My name, He will give it to you," we pray and beseech you for all our brethren who are in danger of sin; shield them from every temptation to fall away from the true faith; save those who are even now standing on the brink of the abyss; to all of them give light and knowledge of the truth, courage and strength for the conflict with evil, perseverance in faith and active charity! For this we pray, most merciful Jesus, in your name, to God the Father, with whom you live and reign in the unity of the Holy Spirit for ever and ever.  Amen.



PRAYER OF HOPE

God of mercy,
you know the secrets of all human hearts,
for you know who is just and you forgive the repentant
sinner.
Hear my prayer in the midst of destruction;
give me patience and hope,
so that under your protection and with you as my guide,
I may one day be reunited with my family and friends
in peace, tranquility, and love.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.


Posted: 13 Dec 2010 08:59 AM PST
My steps, my times, my plans, Lord, are daily in your hands—
as a yielded servant, I wait on Your command.
I want to seek your kingdom and have You reign in me—
so I can live before You as one who’s been set free.
I cast my cares upon You and trust You for each day—
I want the way You planned for me to be what I obey.
I have no expectations, there only is Your will—
no need to strive or worry, my heart needs to be still.
As I learn about You, I’ve come to realize—
You do so many little things that take me by surprise.
Each day is an adventure as I set my heart on You—
my heart’s in constant wonder as I see the things You do.
I’ll let You do Your work, Lord, please have Your perfect way—
Thank You for Your mercies that are new for me each day!
My times are in Your hands. Psalm 31:15 AMP





SEVEN SYLLABLE MANTRAS

1.     It’s good to be with you, Lord.
2.     May I be with you forever.
3.     I’m made to be lost in Christ.
4.     Made to be lost in Jesus.
5.     My God, I need you only.
6.     No one else but you, my God.
7.     My heart craves for you my God.
8.     To see your strength and your glory.
9.     Yes, the Lord is my Shepherd.
10. There is nothing I shall want.
11. Fresh and green are his pastures.
12. Your love is better than life.
13. My lips will speak your praise, Lord.
14. Father, Son and Spirit blest.
15. Come and dwell within my breast.
16. Lead me on, lead kindly light.
17. Flowing power, peace within.
18. Where you are there is no pain.
19. Give me strength to proclaim you.
20. I call you friend, not servant.
21. Pour into my heart your love.
22. Mother Mary, gracious Queen.
23. Mother of God, be mine, too.
24. Fill me with yourself, O Lord.
25. Jesus loves me and I him.
26. Bless me, Jesus, I bless you.
27. Bless, O bless the Lord, my soul.
28. You in me and I in you.
29. Let me know myself in you.
30. Being and power, pure expanse.
31. Depth and power, growing within.
32. Power and peace, deep within.
33. Flowing peace, power within.
34. Lord of my life, be in me.
35. Power within, reaching out.
36. Lord, of my life, grow in me.
37. Strength in solitude with God.
38. Be blest a thousand times, Lord.
39. I have loved You all my life.
40. I am only a child, Lord.
41. Repose, O Lord, within me.
42. Lord, I am lost without you.
43. No one but you, O Jesus.
44. “Domine, non nisi te.”
45. Make me whole, O Lord Jesus.
46. My dearest God, I love you.
47. Come to me, Lord Jesus, come.
48. You, God, are my only love.
49. Mother Mary, give me God.
50. God will not, has not left us.
51. I will bless you all my life.
52. Lord of my life, give me strength.
53. May I die, like you, in God.
54. Jesus, may I die like you.
55. Take possession of me, Lord.
56. Take full possession of me.
57. I love God and do his will.
58. To live and die in Jesus.
59. Let me be lost in you, Lord.
60. Come, Brother Death, swift and sweet.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy clemency hear and answer me. Amen.

  
PRAYER  (Michel Quoist)
To be there before you, Lord, that’s all.
To shut the eyes of my body,
To shut the eyes of my soul,
And be still and silent,
To expose myself to you who are there,
exposed to me.
To be there before you, the Eternal Presence.
I am willing to feel nothing, Lord,
to see nothing, to hear nothing.
empty of all ideas, of all images.
In the darkness,
Here I am, simply,
To meet you without obstacles,
In the silence of faith,
Before you, Lord.

In this beautiful prayer, to be offered during the Marian month of May, we ask the Blessed Virgin Mary for her protection and for the grace to imitate her in her love of Christ, and Christ in His love of her. As the Mother of Christ, she is our mother, too, and we look to her for guidance as we look to our mothers on earth.

To the Blessed Virgin Mary for May

O most august and blessed Virgin Mary! Holy Mother of God! Glorious Queen of heaven and earth! Powerful protectress of those who love thee, and unfailing advocate of all who invoke thee! Look down, I beseech thee, from thy throne of glory on thy devoted child; accept the solemn offering I present thee of this month, specially dedicated to thee, and receive my ardent, humble desire, that by my love and fervor I could worthily honor thee, who, next to God, art deserving of all honor. Receive me, O Mother of Mercy, among thy best beloved children; extend to me thy maternal tenderness and solicitude; obtain for me a place in the Heart of Jesus, and a special share in the gifts of His grace. O deign, I beseech thee, to recognize my claims on thy protection, to watch over my spiritual and temporal interests, as well as those of all who are dear to me; to infuse into my soul the spirit of Christ, and to teach me thyself to become meek, humble, charitable, patient, and submissive to the will of God.
May my heart burn with the love of thy Divine Son, and of thee, His blessed Mother, not for a month alone, but for time and eternity; may I thirst for the promotion of His honor and thine, and contribute, as far as I can, to its extension. Receive me, O Mary, the refuge of sinners! Grant me a Mother's blessing and a Mother's care, now, and at the hour of my death. Amen.



Our Incompetence 

We think of prayer as something we do
for God whereas prayer is essentially a gift.
Prayer is intimacy with God and it is God
who offers this intimacy. We respond.
There is only one Christian prayer and that
is Jesus, the New and Eternal Covenant,
the union in person of God and man. All
Christian prayer is essentially through him,
with him and in him. That we should pray
is as much a command of the Lord as that
we must love our neighbour. Further, our
prayer must be “in my name”. “Truly, truly,
I say to you, if you ask anything of the
Father, he will give it to you in my name
…(John 16:23-24). The implications of this
simple command are immeasurably profound.
If we ponder it carefully, we shall
see that it must eliminate any claim to a
spiritual competence of our own and, consequently,
remove the burden of anxiety
we feel at our helplessness and incompetence
– a “burden” that is not the Lord’s.
The God revealed in Jesus is like a loving
mother who, seeing her little one
struggling to climb the stairs to reach her,
runs down and lifts up the child to her
heart …
Sr Ruth Burrows OCD
Love Unknown
(Burns & Oates, an imprint of
Continuum, 2011)


                                                                                    

 PERSONAL PEACE

Prayer: Dearest Lord Jesus, I want to thank you for allowing me to help you carry your Cross by accepting my sadness, confronting my fear, and bearing my anxiety with fortitude. I know that your Resurrection is already happening in my trial.  I shall go through with it since I know that you are here with me. Yes, Lord, I receive your peace. Your peace is mine, because I am yours.  It’s good to be with you, Lord; may I be with you forever. Amen.


.
 A Prayer To My Suffering God
"A Prayer to My Suffering God" is an original Christian poem submitted by an About.com member. It is written for those who are suffering in pain, loneliness, and illness. Do you have an original Christian prayer that would encourage or benefit a fellow believer? Perhaps you've written a unique poem you'd like to share with others. We are looking for Christian prayers and poems to encourage our readers in their communication with God. 
Prayer to My Suffering God
O Savior of my life,
Will you meet me in my death?
O Deliverer of my hope,
Will you free me in my peril?
O Healer of my soul,
Will you cure all my disease?
When I cry, shedding tears
Do you taste my bitterness?
When I strive, struggling to survive
Do you stand by and offer your hand?
When I give up, with shattered dreams
Do you pick up all the pieces?
O Listener of all my prayers,
In silence and thunders I wait for your answer.
O Comforter of my broken heart,
In lonely night I search for your solace.
O Helper of my weakened strength,
In unbearable burden I seek your relief.
O Maker of heavens and earth,
May I call you my God?
Even if I never know your name,
Even if I've done some shameful things,
Even if I betrayed you and ran away once.
But will you forgive me for all my wrongs?
Will you help me when I reach toward you with my tiny hands?
Will you grant me peace even though we battled all our lives?
People say you set the rules,
But I know you truly love.
When others judge my covers,
You attend my heart and mind.
When my road leads into dark storms,
You will light up my eyesight.
When I fall on hard ground,
You will lift me up to rise.
When I face hardship and scorn,
We will together share our portion.
When I suffer in a hopeless sickbed,
We will together battle in each breath.
When I'm lost alone and lingering,
You will be with me, and guide me home.
One day I'll die and depart,
But I truly believe
You will lift me up.
O God, our Savior, listen to our prayer.
Fill our hunger, heal our sickness,
Comfort our souls.
If you wish not to answer,
Then please wait for us,
Because we are about to shut our eyes.
--Submitted by About.com member, Laijon Liu
Note from the Author:
This poem/prayer is for all of us who are suffering in sickness, injury, departure, loneliness, overwhelming regrets, unrecoverable embarrassment, and hopeless situations in this world. A painful cry of death, man's prayer, is an urgent request, but somehow and sometimes answered in silence.
We have some prayers that need to be answered, but we are confused by his 'silence.' Lessons in obedience and perseverance are how we try to understand God's will, but I believe God is with us in our suffering and pain. He bears much more than we could ever know. So I call him our suffering God.
Some prayers he answers in his perfect will, which is not always what we think. But no matter what, he takes his portion in our pain, and our death, he takes away. God is present with us in life and even in our death.


                                        
Prayer for Sinners: IN HIS TIME
      One of the worst things you and I can do is to take judgment into our
own hands. God does everything so well. He can do them better than you and
I can. Have you ever looked at a beautiful rose and watched it slowly, day
after day, blossoming forth? Have you ever tried to help it open?  You'll
kill it. I recall reading about some children who tried to help a butterfly
out of its cocoon. They killed it. God makes everything beautiful in His
time. He causes everything to straighten out and line up in His name. If
you have a problem in your life with a person or a circumstance, leave it
with God.  "'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord." (Rom.12:19)

      In verses 13-16 of Psalm 9 the psalmist was telling us, "Don't take
judgment into your own hands. Let God take care of it. Let God be the
judge, the jury and the prosecuting attorney. He knows more about this than
we do. "The psalmist was assuring you and me that, in His time, God will
catch those who are doing wrong...going to sink down into the pit that they
have made. Sinners who have laid nets in the pathway are going to get
caught into those nets themselves. "The wicked is snared in the work of his
own hands" (v.16)

      It encourages me to know that I don't have to devote my time or
energy, even my inward concern, to wondering to what's going to happen to
all the evil in the world. God's going to take care of it. Of course, you
and I as Christians should do our part to make this a better world. We are
the salt of the earth. We are the light of the world. But we've been called
to do something...we have the privilege of witnessing to them and letting
them know that they can be saved...

  **  HEAVENLY FATHER, I pray for your sons and daughters who have gone astray. They have sinned, they have hurt You. Your ways are above our ways, and so we surrender them all to Your perfect plan for them. In Your perfect time please call their attention, however in Your divine wisdom You want it. Teach them the consequence of rebelling against You and make them realize the wastefulness of their lives. In repentance, make them truly
renounce their ways, turn the opposite direction, and turn over the control of their lives to You.  Lord, You spared no expense to celebrate the return of the prodigal son. Please welcome them back as well and, in this day of rejoicing, help them begin again to walk constantly with You.

What is Prayer?    From now on, prayer is a window of wonder, light and joy; God is perceived as pure transparency and tenderness.
Not a movement towards a distant God but a sinking into a deeper awareness of one’s own life and to find God already there, more intimate than our most intimate self. Now all desires fade away, except the desire simply to be. To be present to the music of what happens, of seeing more and more profoundly, and of being amazed. What used to be a loving gaze on God is reciprocated by God’s gaze upon us, “amazed” as he is at the incarnate shape of love’s divine face that each one of us is.
God wants us to sit for him, not that he may paint our portrait, but that he may paint his own – within us” (Daniel O’Leary, in The Tablet, 17 May 2008, pg. 15).
PRAYER:  Blessed are you, O God. Take possession of your creation, oceans, air and sky. Be yourself in them. Be at ease and have no doubt about your welcome. No questions, no complaints, no petitions, no hint of overstaying your welcome. Recline or walk where you will. This estate is all yours. So feel free: just be yourself. Lord, be, be in me.


Prayer before Holy Mass

(the four ends of the Mass)

Eternal Father,
I unite myself to and offer this Holy Sacrifice,
which your beloved Son once made himself on the Cross
and now renews on this holy altar:
First, to adore you and give you the honour which is due to you,
confessing your supreme dominion over all things
and the absolute dependence of everything upon you.
Secondly, to thank you for the countless benefits received,
especially the gift of your own beloved Son, Jesus, the High Priest.
Thirdly, to restore the order of charity disturbed by so many sins
and to make satisfaction for them.
Fourthly, to implore your grace and mercy for myself,
for all the afflicted and sorrowing, for all poor sinners,
and for the departed souls on purgation.


                                 


 Prayer of Hope

Father, thank You for being the God of hope and my hope. You alone are the source and the reason for my hope. Because of You, I can pray in hope; walk in hope; believe in hope; endure in hope; overcome in hope; live in hope.
When I look to the future I have hope because You are already in the future. I have a future that is secure because You are my future. Father, it is Your hope that frees from the despair of hopelessness and the insecurity of false hope.
When I look ahead, I do not see the details clearly, but I see You, the One who is in all the details of what is ahead. I believe in Your plan and purpose for my life. You have assured me that I will never be disappointed as I trust in You.
Thank You for the confidence Your hope gives me to be faithful today and to move forward in the pathway You have for my tomorrows.  I put my expectations, not in others, but in You. I am confident that all Your desires for me are good. The hope You give me brings happiness and rejoicing to my heart.
Thank You, Father, for being the author of all the chapters of my life that are yet to come. Thank You that my life will have a happy ending because I will be with You forever, in the place that You have prepared for me and for all those who have put their trust in Your salvation through Jesus Christ. Amen.
Scriptures: Psalm 31:24, 39:7, 71:5, 14, 130:5,7, 146:5; Romans 5:5, 8:24-25, 12:12, 15:13; 1 Corinthians 13:13; Galatians 5:5; Colossians 1:5; Titus
  
Prayer of Help, Protection, and Deliverance
Lord, I thank you that You are a Warrior, and You never know defeat; You are a Conqueror and every enemy is under Your feet; You are a Deliverer and every foe will sound retreat. I thank You, O God, that you preserve me. I take refuge in You and I am safe from every cloud of darkness, from every voice of condemnation, from every thought of defeat and despair. I put my trust and confidence in You alone. I lean on You, for You will not falter or faint. You are my support and keep me from falling. You are my high tower and keep me from fleeing. You are my confidence and keep me from fearing. Thank You, God, for being with me, beside me, behind me, and before me. You are always at my right hand and keep me secure. What joy it brings to know that when I call to You, You answer me. You are my perfect refuge from every storm and battle. Thank You for being my sure place, and for providing me with the safe place under the shadow of Your wings. Lord, arise and rescue me from all evil, from every lie, and from every bondage. I stand upon You as my rock, I abide in You as my fortress. You are my covering. You are my shield. Thank You for saving me and for rescuing me from my enemies. You always hear my cry for help.
 Scriptures: Psalm 16, 17, 18




        
                      PRAYER FOR REFUGEES
                            IN TIME OF WAR
      O Lord, we pray for refugees, for those who have lost family and friends, homes, and livelihood.
Be with people who are forced to flee
as your parents did with you, to a foreign land.
Comfort them, Lord, in their suffering and pain.
Inspire the nations of the world to come to their aid. Help us to find a way to peace and safe-home again. Give the leaders courage, wisdom, and tolerance.
Give the aid-workers strength and perseverance.
Take the cold hearts of those making war;
give them new hearts for kindness and love.
Show us, O Lord, how to deal with each crisis
so that in our compassion refugees may find
your Presence and a sign of hope.



In this beautiful prayer, to be offered during the Marian month of May, we ask the Blessed Virgin Mary for her protection and for the grace to imitate her in her love of Christ, and Christ in His love of her. As the Mother of Christ, she is our mother, too, and we look to her for guidance as we look to our mothers on earth.

To the Blessed Virgin Mary for May

O most august and blessed Virgin Mary! Holy Mother of God! Glorious Queen of heaven and earth! Powerful protectress of those who love thee, and unfailing advocate of all who invoke thee! Look down, I beseech thee, from thy throne of glory on thy devoted child; accept the solemn offering I present thee of this month, specially dedicated to thee, and receive my ardent, humble desire, that by my love and fervor I could worthily honor thee, who, next to God, art deserving of all honor. Receive me, O Mother of Mercy, among thy best beloved children; extend to me thy maternal tenderness and solicitude; obtain for me a place in the Heart of Jesus, and a special share in the gifts of His grace. O deign, I beseech thee, to recognize my claims on thy protection, to watch over my spiritual and temporal interests, as well as those of all who are dear to me; to infuse into my soul the spirit of Christ, and to teach me thyself to become meek, humble, charitable, patient, and submissive to the will of God.May my heart burn with the love of thy Divine Son, and of thee, His blessed Mother, not for a month alone, but for time and eternity; may I thirst for the promotion of His honor and thine, and contribute, as far as I can, to its extension. Receive me, O Mary, the refuge of sinners! Grant me a Mother's blessing and a Mother's care, now, and at the hour of my death. Amen.

PRAYER
Prayer is the language of friendship with God. Prayer sustains a life of friendship with God, a friendship that God took the initiative to start. It has the pedagogical and transformative aspects of all spiritual practices. They help situate daily life in the horizon of God’s friendship. Spiritual practices should not degenerate into mere technique. Friends enjoy regularly conversing with each other because that is the lifeblood of the friendship. The practices of Christian prayer have their own integrity; they are not means to personal growth or strategies to trigger peak experiences. As disciples of Jesus we are expect to admire and revere him. But Jesus desires more than that: “I call you not my servants, but my friends.” The servant-master relationship has little room for the intimacy of friends. Jesus treats them as friends by disclosing who he is and where he is going. Knowing Jesus is mysterious, but that knowledge grows through intimate conversation that is the basic medium of friendship.
We start to pray not in a vacuum but in community through forms and rituals that have been shaped over time. The Lord’s Prayer shows that we are introduced into God’s family, and it contains the basic modes of all private and communal prayer: praise, thanksgiving, intercession, repentance.
As with the initial stages of friendship, people begin to pray for a variety of reasons, some of which are probably self-interested. Typically we begin to pray for what we want, then we are gradually led to seek what we need, namely, a deeper and unconditional relation with God where we let God be the judge of what we should receive. Prayer may begin as a technique, but under the impetus of the Spirit it becomes a practice, a virtue, sheer joy. A regular discipline of prayer has its own dynamic and rhythm that should shift attention from self-concern to the Other. It moves toward whole-hearted attention to God who is revealed through Christ. Prayer becomes an activity that is done for its own sake, just as friends want to be in each other’s company simply because it is good.
At the same time, friends are bound by common interests beyond themselves. Their common cause, whether sports or justice or the environment, enriches the bond of friendship and draws the best from them. Christian prayer pulls Christians beyond themselves to active devotion to God’s cause in the world. It longs for God to reign in the whole of creation, for a deeper impact of God’s liberating and healing Spirit. Intercession for the world naturally leads to service in the world.
Prayer is not an aid, a technique or means. Rather, prayer is part of having a life formed in joy, gratitude, awe and compassion. These gifts are directed towards God and all God’s creation.
Even prayers of intercession are not pragmatic strategies but they are exercises in locating our concerns in the concern of God and opening ourselves to finding God’s way of responding, which quite often does not match our requests. Although we do not pray in order to become reverent, humble, grateful, caring, and hopeful, these virtues are formed in paying whole-hearted attention to God and seeing the world through the perspective defined by God’s word.

The Gospel tells us that the intercessory prayer locates all the events of life and all the happenings of our time within the space of God’s reign. Nothing great or small falls outside the compassion of “the One in whom we live and move and have our being.” Intercessory prayer helps us perceive traces of the dawn of God’s reign. It brings what we need into the scope of what God wants, relating all things to the friendship that God has for us. 



In Thee, O Lord, have I hoped

Afraid, dear Lord? No, not afraid
Of thy judgement’s just decree,
But ashamed, my God. Ah yes, ashamed
To lift my eyes to Thee.

When the sands of life are drifting out
And I stand on death’s lone pier,
My heart may shrink with an honest shame
But never a thought of fear.

Ashamed of one Whom I dearly love,
Who gave me a work to do,
Who cometh at even findeth me
To my noble Friend untrue.

But fear, my God. Why should I fear?
You formed and fashioned the clay.
You knew the feeble thing I was
When you gave me the light of day.

The small, mean gifts that are mine
to give
Other eyes would not deign to see,
But you stoop to take with a
Loving smile,
Well knowing ‘tis only me.

If I feared Thee, Lord, I could not
 go on.
Then I’ll choose the better part,
I will hide myself and my
Broken life in the depths of
Thy Sacred Heart.
I will kneel at Thy feet with
Head bowed low
In shame at the waste of years,
But hopeful still for my
Crucified God
Yet waiteth my penitent tears.

With life’s page all blurs and blots
Throughout
I will trust Thee on to the End,
For there waits at the pearly pier
Of death
 my kindest, truest Friend.

A Hope-filled future
Heavenly Father, thank you for being the God of hope. You alone are the source and reason for the future prospects of our family and its concerns, professional and spiritual. We look to you to show us the way of committed cooperation and a joyous consistency in our undertakings for an ever brighter future of every member of the family. We are blessed with hope since You are already there, assuring us of a secure future. Looking ahead we do not see the details, but we see You, the One who has the details in Your paternal hands of what is to be. And we believe in Your plan and purpose for our life.
Thank You for the confidence Your hope gives us to be faithful today as we move forward unitedly in the pathways You have for our tomorrows. We pray that by Your grace and enablement each succeeding generation will accept the task with enthusiasm for the enhancement of our enterprises to Your glory and the good of society.
We are confident that all Your desires are for our good. The hope You give us brings happiness and rejoicing to our hearts.
We make our prayer in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen













   




















   


No comments:

Post a Comment