Monday, March 31, 2014

PRAYERS FOR VARIOUS NEEDS - 2


Prayers for the Dead


Nora Sutherland,
 our faithful friend, devoted mother and loving sister in the Faith,

Into the darkness and warmth of the earth

We lay you down.
Into the sadness and smiles of our memories
We lay you down.
Into the cycle of living and dying and rising again
We lay you down.
May you rest in peace, in fulfilment, in loving.
May you run straight home in God’s embrace.
Into the freedom of wind and sunshine
We let you go.
Into the dance of the stars and the planets
We let you go.
Into the wind’s breath and the hands
of the star Maker
We let you go.
We love you, we miss you,
we want you  to be happy.
Go lightsome, go laughing,
Go prancing home !

Let us pray

O great and merciful God,
Bring our dear friend and sister, true daughter of the Church
And devoted daughter of the Cross
at her last awakening,
into your house and gate of heaven,
to enter into that gate
 and dwell in that house
where shall be no darkness nor dazzling,
but one equal light,
no noise nor silence, but one equal music,
no fears nor hopes, but one equal possession,
no ends nor beginnings, but one equal eternity
in the habitations of your glory and dominion,
for ever and ever. Amen.
 A PRAYER FOR THOSE GATHERED HERE
Lord of eternity,
whose power is infinite,
whose days are without number
and whose mercy is beyond our fathoming:
keep our faces always turned towards you,
so that, each day, we remember
that life is your gift,
and the hour of death unknown.
And when finally we meet you face to face,
transform us in the fire of your love,
and receive us into your eternal kingdom.
Amen




Month of the Precious Blood 

In this moving prayer, we recall the redemptive quality of the Precious Blood of Jesus and adore the Precious Blood, which represents Christ's infinite love for all mankind.
To the Precious Blood of Jesus
O Precious Blood of Jesus, infinite price of sinful man's redemption, both drink and laver of our souls, Thou who dost plead continually the cause of man before the throne of infinite mercy; from the depths of my heart, I adore Thee, and so far as I am able, I would requite Thee for the insults and outrages which Thou dost continually receive from human beings, and especially from those who rashly dare to blaspheme Thee. Who would not bless this Blood of infinite value? Who doth not feel within himself the fire and love of Jesus who shed it all for us? What would be my fate, had I not been redeemed by this divine Blood? Who hath drawn it from the veins of my Savior, even to the last drop? Ah, this surely was the work of love. O infinite love, grant that every heart and every tongue may be enabled to praise Thee, magnify Thee and give Thee thanks now and for evermore. Amen.

Private and Public Prayer

Private prayer is like straw scattered
here and there, if you set it on fire it makes
a lot of little flames. But gather these straws
up into a bundle and light them, and you
get a mighty fire, rising like a column into
the sky; public prayer is like that.
St John Vianney
(1786-1859)

All prayer is not novelty and excitement,
just as committed human relationships
are not. Sometimes, as with human love,
what matters is faithfulness and presence,
being there, giving and receiving even
when the will is weak and the meaning
of the presence, the giving, and the
receiving is not clear.
Jane Redmont
When in Doubt, Sing
(Sorin, 1999)


  Prayer for Purpose in Life

As you travel life’s journey, you can take the road from insignificance to significance. Pray this prayer with us...
"Dear Jesus, I am tired of the feeling that my life is meaningless and that I do not matter to anyone. Please forgive me of my sins and bring meaning and fulfillment into my life. I surrender my heart to you and ask that you take control of my life from now.   Thank you."

Prayer of Release
I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return. 2 Timothy 1:12 NLT
Heavenly Father, I release to You the burdens that I have been carrying, burdens that You never intended for me to carry. I cast all my cares upon You–all my worries, all my fears. You have told me not be anxious about anything, but rather to bring everything to You in prayer with thankfulness.
Father, calm my restless spirit, quiet my anxious heart, still my troubling thoughts with the assurance that You are in control. I let go of my grip upon the things I have been hanging onto, with opened hands I come to You. I release to Your will all that I am trying to manipulate; I release to Your authority all that I am trying to control; I release to Your timing all that I have been striving to make happen.
I thank You for Your promise to sustain me, preserve me, and guard all that I have entrusted to Your keeping. Protect my heart and mind with Your peace, the peace that passes all understanding. Father, may Your will be done in my life, in Your time, and in Your way.



 Prayer for the Protection of Religious Freedom
O God our Creator, from your provident hand we have received our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You have called us as your people and given us the right and the duty to worship you, the only true God, and your Son, Jesus Christ.
Through the power and working of your Holy Spirit, you call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world, bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel to every corner of society.
We ask you to bless us in our vigilance for the gift of religious liberty. Give us the strength of mind and heart to readily defend our freedoms when they are threatened; give us courage in making our voices heard on behalf of the rights of your Church and the freedom of conscience of all people of faith.
Grant, we pray, O heavenly Father, a clear and united voice to all your sons and daughters gathered in your Church in this decisive hour in the history of our nation, so that, with every trial withstood and every danger overcome—for the sake of our children, our grandchildren, and all who come after us—this great land will always be “one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Running our race
      God has a way of orchestrating the various races we run during the
course of our lives. He trusts us to do our part in "manning the rigs." We
must trust him to determine the result of the race. As one engineer has
said, "God provides the initial input. We provide the output. And God
provides the outcome."


      "The greatest act of faith is when man decides he is not God."

   ** DEAR LORD, without you I am nothing.  You are my faithful provider
and counsellor.  I rely not on my own understanding but on your perfect plan
for me. In all my ways I acknowledge and honour you.  Because I acknowledge
you, daily I pray that you direct, make straight and regulate my ways.  I
run the race of life confident and sure, for I know you control my life. As
I do my best, sustain me with your faith.  Lord, give me steps that are
sure, a path that is clear -- a future that is bright and brimming.  Then
welcome me at the end of the race, for I have become victorious and
faithful in your name.


Find me, Shepherd, as You seek
Your lost and wandering lamb.
Hold me, Shepherd, when You come—
Trembling as I am.
Carry me, Shepherd, with the care
That I'm so needful of—
Keep me close beside Your heart,
Safe within Your love.
Guide me, Shepherd, in the way
That leads to waters still—
May I feed in quietness
Within Your perfect will.
Seeker, Healer, Keeper,
Guardian of my way,
Holder of the rod and staff
That comforts me today.
THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide,
 and shield me], I shall not lack.
( Psalm 23:1)


Prayer for a Sick Friend
"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:15-16 (NIV)
“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”
James 5:15-16
(NLT)

Dear Lord,
You know my friend/family member so much better than I do. You know his/her sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now as you work in his life. Lord, let your will be done in my friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, please help him to see his need and confess.
Lord, I pray for my friend just as your Word tells me to pray, for healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you, Lord, to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life.
Lord, I don't always understand your ways. I don't know why my friend has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence.
Let my friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. Give him strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in his life and also in mine.
Amen.



Prayer to Saint Anne

With my heart full of the most sincere veneration, I prostrate myself before thee, O glorious Saint Anne. Thou art that creature of privilege and predilection, who by thy extraordinary virtues and holiness didst merit from God the high favor of giving life to her who is the Treasury of all graces, blessed among women, the Mother of the Word Incarnate, the most holy Virgin Mary. By virtue of so lofty a privilege, do thou deign, O most compassionate saint, to receive me into the number of thy true clients, for so I profess myself and so I desire to remain throughout my entire life. Shield me with thine effectual patronage and obtain for me from God the power to imitate those virtues wherewith thou wast so plentifully adorned. Grant that I may know and weep over my sins in bitterness of heart. Obtain for me the grace of most active love for Jesus and Mary, and resolution to fulfill the duties of my state of life with faithfulness and constancy. Save me from every danger that confronts me in life, and help me at the hour of death, that so I may come in safety to paradise, there to sing with thee, O most happy mother, the praises of the Word of God made Man in the mother of thy most pure daughter, the Virgin Mary. Amen

St. Joseph Worker Prayer

This beautiful prayer was composed by Blessed Pope John XXIII (1958-63). It places all workers under the patronage of St. Joseph the Worker, and asks for his intercession so that we may regard our work as a means of growing in holiness.
A Prayer for Workers                                              O glorious Joseph! Who concealed your incomparable and regal dignity of custodian of Jesus and of the Virgin Mary under the humble appearance of a craftsman and provided for them with your work, protect with loving power your sons, especially entrusted to you.                                                You know their anxieties and sufferings, because you yourself experienced them at the side of Jesus and of His Mother. Do not allow them, oppressed by so many worries, to forget the purpose for which they were created by God. Do not allow the seeds of distrust to take hold of their immortal souls. Remind all the workers that in the fields, in factories, in mines, and in scientific laboratories, they are not working, rejoicing, or suffering alone, but at their side is Jesus, with Mary, His Mother and ours, to sustain them, to dry the sweat of their brow, giving value to their toil. Teach them to turn work into a very high instrument of sanctification as you did.
Amen.

UNIVERSITY STUDENTS’ PRAYER SERVICE FOR WORLD PEACE                                         (Kolkata, March 10th. 2007)
O serene and all-knowing One,
as representatives of the body of students worldwide,
and bringing together the cultural and scientific excellences
of a progressive world of learning,
we converge today upon the shrine of
Blessed Mother Teresa of Kolkata,
whose remains lie sweetly composed herein,
to express our allegiance to the Christian faith
through which we acknowledge you
to be our transcendent Lord and ultimate Giver
of the gifts of science and technology.
Endowed by these gifts and those of the Spirit,
that animated our Blessed Mother and the Apostles
on that first explosive Pentecost,
we pledge our services for the uplift
of the poor and dispossessed
of our world of today, that they may have a tomorrow
of material and spiritual enrichment,
and emotional sustenance.
Let this pledge be broadcast through Intelsat 902
as a guarantee to the peoples of the earth
of our sincere and effective intent.
We students of the world praise you, loving Father,
as we thank your compassionate Son,
and glorify your Holy Spirit
who brings assurance and comfort.
By your leave we contemplate the glorious mysteries
of our Saviour, as we begin to proclaim
the praises of his Mother by affectionately reciting
the people’s prayer,
the Rosary.                                                                                                             

                                                             (fr. mervyn)


Teaching Children to pray

Teaching children to pray is a vital part of introducing them to Jesus and reinforcing their relationship with God. Our Lord gave us prayer so we could communicate with him directly, and getting children comfortable with prayer helps them to understand that God is always close and accessible.
When to Start Teaching About Prayer
Children can start learning to pray even before they can speak in coherent sentences simply by allowing them to see you praying (more about this later) and by inviting them to pray with you as best they can. As with any good habit, you'll want to start reinforcing prayer as a regular part of life as early as possible. Once a child can communicate verbally, they can learn to pray on their own either out loud or silently.
But, if your Christian walk began after you started raising a family, it's never too late for kids to learn about the importance of prayer.
Teach Prayer as a Conversation
Be sure that children understand that prayer is simply a conversation with God, one that is held with respect for his unending love and power, but that is spoken in our own words. Matthew 6:7 says, "When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again." (NLT) In other words, we need not pray with any formula, and we can and should speak to God in our own words.
Some Christian religions teach specific prayers, such as the The Lord's Prayer, which was given to us by Jesus. Children can start practicing and learning these at an appropriate age. The concepts behind these prayers must be taught so that the prayers aren't recited without meaning. If you teach these prayers, it should be in addition to, and not instead of showing them how to talk to God naturally.
Let Your Kids See You Praying
The best way to begin educating your children about prayer is to pray in their presence. Look for opportunities to practice prayer in front of them, just as you would seek out instances to teach them about manners, good sportsmanship or humility. While praying in the morning or before bed is a common and valuable practice, God wants us to come to him with all things and at any time, so let kids see you praying throughout the day for a variety of needs.
When praying, try to keep the details and words appropriate to your child's age level, so younger kids won't be scared by serious situations.
Ways Children Can Pray
Prayers for a good day at school, for pets, friends, and local and world events are perfect ideas for kids of any age.
Show children that there is no prescribed length to prayer. Quick prayers such as asking for help with choices, for blessings on a birthday party or for protection and safe travels before going on a trip are ways to show kids that God is interested in all aspects of our lives. Another type of quick prayer to model is as simple as saying something like, "Lord be with me," before getting into a challenging situation or, "Thank you, Father," when learning that a problem will be easier to work out than expected.
Longer prayers are better taught to older children who can sit still for a few minutes. These are a great way to teach them about God's all-encompassing greatness. Here's a good way to model these prayers:
·         Start off by thanking God for being with you and for providing for your family, thank him for his great, unconditional love, and express your reverence for all that he is.
·         Ask God to forgive your mistakes. James 5:16 says, "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." (NLT)
·         Then, either present your petitions to God, continue thanking and praising him for specific provisions and blessings, or do both.
Overcoming Shyness
Some children will feel shy about praying out loud at first, and will say they can't think of anything to pray about. If this happens, you can first pray for something, then have the child finish your prayer. For example, thank God for grandma and grandpa and then your child can thank God for specific things about the grandparents, whether that's grandma's yummy cookies or a productive fishing trip with grandpa.
Another way to overcome shyness is to simply have them repeat your prayers, but in their own words. For example, thank God for keeping people safe during a storm and ask him to help people who have lost their homes. Then, have your child pray for the same thing, but not parroting your words.
Be Supportive
Reinforce that we can come to God with all things, and no request before God is too small or insignificant. Prayers are very personal, and a child's worries and concerns change at different ages. So, encourage your child to talk to God about whatever is on his or her mind. God loves to hear prayers for bike rides, a frog in the garden or a successful tea party with dolls. 




PRAYER OF TEILHARD DE CHARDIN

This prayer is a superb example of an imagination that is eminently catholic

O Lord, since I have neither bread nor wine nor altar here on the Asian steppes, I lift myself, far above symbols, to the pure majesty of the Real; and I, your priest, offer to you, on the altar of the entire earth, the travail and suffering of the world.
Yonder breaks the sun, to light the uttermost east, and then to send its sheets of fire over the living surface of the earth, which wakens, shudders and resumes its relentless struggle.
My paten and my chalice are the depths of a soul laid widely open to all the forces which, in a moment, will rise up from every corner of the earth and converge upon the Spirit.
Amen


 Thankful for Grace
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 2 Corinthians 9:8 KJV   
Lord, thank You for Your grace. It is by grace that my heart was drawn to You—grace that was extended, not in limited measure, but  in abundance; not sprinkled down, but poured out; not just enough to get me by, but more than enough to bring me through as more than a conqueror.
I receive Your grace—I run to it, welcome it, embrace it. Thank You for not putting Your grace on hold or hiding it away for safe keeping. Thank You for making it available to me now, when I need it most.
Your grace brings me riches in my poverty; sufficiency in my inadequacy; abundance in my lack. I thank You for being so gracious—for Your heart of grace that is reaching out, for Your throne of grace that invites me in, and for Your gift of grace. Thank You for Your only begotten Son, who has embraced me in His arms of mercy, and who brings to me the fullness of grace and truth.



 Petition to Mary by Saint Alphonsus Liguori
Most holy Virgin Immaculate, my Mother Mary, to thee who are the Mother of my Lord, the queen of the universe, the advocate, the hope, the refuge of sinners, I who am the most miserable of all sinners, have recourse this day. I venerate thee, great queen, and I thank thee for the many graces thou has bestowed upon me even unto this day; in particular for having delivered me from the hell which I have so often deserved by my sins. I love thee, most dear Lady; and for the love I bear thee, I promise to serve thee willingly forever and to do what I can to make thee loved by others also. I place in thee all my hopes for salvation; accept me as thy servant and shelter me under thy mantle, thou who are the Mother of mercy. And since thou art so powerful with God, deliver me from all temptations, or at least obtain for me the strength to overcome them until death. From thee I implore a true love for Jesus Christ. Through thee I hope to die a holy death. My dear Mother, by the love thou bearest to Almighty God, I pray thee to assist me always, but most of all at the last moment of my life. Forsake me not then, until thou shalt see me safe in heaven, there to bless thee and sing of thy mercies through all eternity. Such is my hope. Amen.


Prayer to see Jesus
Jesus, I want to see You, for no other face can show me the Father, and no other light can reveal His image. I want to know what it fully means to have the eyes of my heart opened to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to be in awe of Your glory. Reveal to me the grace upon Your countenance, the joy within Your spirit, and the love that moves Your heart toward mine.
Lord, I seek to move closer, to see clearer, and to be drawn nearer to You—where there are gaps in my understanding of who You are, close them; where there are blanks, fill them in; where there is a lack of clarity, bring things into sharper focus.
Jesus, I know that in You there is no lack, for I am complete in You; there is no emptiness, for I am made full in You; there is no fragmentation, for I am made whole in You. Thank You for being the image of God that I can see, the provision of God I can receive, and the light of God that I can follow.
May You find in me a faith that is growing, a trust that is building, and a love that is deepening day by day. Jesus, I wait upon You, come to me; I listen for You, speak to me; I look to You, show me; I lean on You, keep me. I thank You for being the hope of my heart, the joy of my life, and the reason why I live.
Scriptures: Revelation 4:11, John 1:3, Ephesians 1, Colossians 2:9-10, Hebrews 1, 12:2, Philippians 3:8-13




To the Virgin Immaculate

O Virgin Immaculate, Mother of God and my Mother, from thy sublime height turn upon me thine eyes of pity. Filled with confidence in thy goodness and knowing full well thy power, I beseech thee to extend to me thine assistance in the journey of life, which is so full of danger for my soul. And in order that I may never be the slave of the devil through sin, but may ever live with my heart humble and pure, I entrust myself wholly to thee. I consecrate my heart to thee for ever, my only desire being to love thy divine Son Jesus. Mary, none of thy devout servants has ever perished; may I too be saved. Amen.

 The Prayer That Brings Miracles

"Dear Almighty Lord God Jesus Christ, I thank you for this day, for this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I thank you for my being able to see, and to hear, and to speak, and to feel, and to taste of Your good creation this day and every day.

I'm blessed because you are such a loving and such
a forgiving God, and such an understanding and caring God.
You have done so much for me and yet you keep on blessing me.
Forgive me this day for everything
I have ever done, or ever said or ever thought
That was not pleasing to you. I say I am so sorry.
I now repent and ask for your forgiveness.
Please keep me safe O God
From all danger, hurt, and harm.
Help me to start this day and every day
With a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.
Let me make the best of each and every day,
To clear my mind so that I can hear from you.
Please broaden my mind so that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper
Over things I have no control over, for all things are working together for my good and God's Glory.
And when I'm pushed beyond my limits, give me the
best response, a response which says Alleluia, and
Praise the Lord, and Thanks be unto the Most
High God Almighty, I know that when I can't
pray, You listen to the prayer of my heart.
Continue to use me to do your will.
Continue to bless me so that I may be
A blessing to others.
Keep me strong so that I may help the weak...
Keep me uplifted so that I may have
Words of encouragement for the discouraged.
I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way. That they come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, even through this Prayer I am now praying.

I pray for those that are misjudged

Misguided, misused, and misunderstood.
I pray for those who don't know you intimately.
I pray for those who will delete this prayer
without sharing the Love of God with others
I pray for those that don't believe.
But I thank You, that I do believe
That God changes people and God changes things.
I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
For each and every one of the family members
In their households. I pray for peace, love, and joy
in their homes; I pray that they are out of debt
And that all their financial needs are met and they have more than enough to be a blessing to others.
I pray for every eye that reads and says this Prayer
That they come to know that there is no problem, no circumstance, no situation that is greater than God, for God is greater than all, God is greater in all, God is greater through all, and God is greater upon all.
For God, the Most High God Almighty of all the Universe is truly the Greatest of All.

I pray for all my enemies, and those who have used me and abused me, and have lifted up their hands and their tongue against me. I now forgive them for all they have done. In Jesus Name, all my enemies are now forgiven, and I pray God forgiveness upon all my enemies, for they do know what they are doing, for I am a Child of God.


So every battle that I have ever encountered in my life is now in God's Loving hands, for You, O God fight all my battles for me.

I pray that these words be believed, received and accepted

into the hearts of every eye that sees them
and every tongue that confesses them
in name of Jesus Christ, I pray believing,
receiving and accepting God's miracles in my life this
day and every day, for God's Divine favour is now my
heritage, in Jesus Name. Amen and Amen! It is
done! O' Praise The Lord! Alleluia!

. God Bless You!! ! ! !
Just repeat the phrase below and see how God moves!!

God I so love you and I need you. I confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, my Lord, my Saviour, and my King, and I confess this day and every day that I am highly FAVORED by God and man.

Please come into my life, Lord Jesus Christ and change my heart now!
Let's take this Prayer around the World.
You will receive a miracle tomorrow.
Don't ignore this and God will bless you.
Know that you are already blessed
By the person who sent this to you.




You never know how many people you will bring to the foot of the Cross because of you sending this e-mail out to as many people as possible, and God will say to you 'Well Done'

_______________________________
CONCENTRATE ON THIS:

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. Something good will happen to you today, something that you have been waiting for to hear. Please repeat these 30 Words, " Almighty Jesus Christ, my Everlasting Father, walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses, and please watch over and heal my family in Jesus name, Amen". This prayer is so powerful. Pass this to other people. A blessing is coming to you in form of a new job, a house, marriage or financially blessings. Do not break or ask questions. This is a test. Does God come first in your life? If so, stop what you’re doing & send it to other people right now......Let’s take this Prayer around the world.....And watch what God does for you.


Prayer to St. John Mary Vianney

Dear St. John Mary Vianney, we revere you as the great model of priestly life. We recall with admiration your detachment from the things of the world, your deep humility and acceptance of humiliations, your extraordinary spirit of mortification and penance, your fortitude in trial and the assaults of the devil, your purity, union with God and love of the Holy Eucharist, your unremitting zeal and untiring service of souls day and night at the confessional and the pulpit, your compassion for all those in want – the sick, the poor and the sinners, your rare power to draw people to God.
True priest of the Most High, help us to keep ever striving towards the acquisition of these virtues, so that, like you, we may become priests after the heart of God.     Amen.

St. John Mary Vianney’s Prayer of Love

I love you, O my God. My only desire is to love you. Until the last breath of my life. I love you, O infinitely lovable God, and I prefer to die loving you rather than to live for an instant without you. I love you, O my God, and I desire to go to heaven only in order to have the joy of loving you perfectly. I love you, O my God, and my fear is to go to hell is only because one will not have the sweet solace of loving you there. O my God, if my tongue cannot say it at all times that I love you, I want my heart to repeat it to you with every breath. I beg you that as I come closer to my final end, you will increase and perfect my love for you. Amen.

Feast day: August 4.





Without you I am nothing      

"The greatest act of faith is when man decides he is not God." God is pure Giver, and man pure receiver.
    DEAR LORD, without you I am nothing.  You are my faithful provider and counsellor.  I rely not on my own understanding but on your perfect plan for me. In all my ways I acknow- ledge and honour you.  Because I acknowledge you, daily I pray that you direct, make straight and regulate my ways.  I run the race of life confident and sure, for I know you control my life. As I do my best, sustain me with your faith.  Lord, give me steps that are sure, a path that is clear -- a future that is bright and brimming.  Then welcome me at the end of the race, for I have become victorious and faithful in your name.




Simplicity and Wonder
Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive and accept and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] positively shall not enter it at all. Mark 10:15 AMP
As we begin our walk with God in 2011 we need to guard our hearts against certain attitudes that will keep us far from His heart. These include the mind of the proud who wants to know it all; the opinion of the critic who wants to judge it all; the attitude of the narcissist who wants to be it all; the desire of the covetous who wants to have it all.
Instead, walk with God in 2011 as a child. Never lose the simplicity of trust and the world of wonder that a child lives in from day to day. Walk with your eyes on your Father—happy in His presence, content in His care, awed by His greatness, delighted by His surprises, secure in His love.
Let your prayer be similar to one spoken by Vance Havner, “Lord, let me never get used to living. Keep afresh in my heart a childlike wonder. Above all, let me never get used to being a Christian. Let me walk with a constant sense of surprise and expectancy. Why should there be a dull moment in the life of a Christian when every hour is a fresh adventure in faith and love?”
The following quote became the signature of the life of Gypsy Smith, the well known evangelist who lived into his eighties, “I have never lost the wonder.” May you never lose the simplicity of trusting His love and the wonder of watching Him work in marvelous ways.

You are extravagant with your love.
You drown me with devotion and
understanding.
You leave me breathless, thoughtless.
Master, Teacher, Friend, Lover, Parent,
Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer …
I try to encompass all your names but they
slip from my grasp.
When I hold nothing, I hold You.
When I hold You, I hold everything.
Macrina Wiederkehr
Seven Sacred Pauses
(Sorin Books, 2008)


        To Zion’s Hill

Lord of the worlds above,
How pleasant and how fair
The dwellings of thy love,
Thy earthly temples are!
To thine abode
My hearts aspires,
With warm desires
To see my God;
O happy souls that pray
Where God appoints to hear!
O happy men that pay
Their constant service there!
They praise thee still;
And happy they
That love the way
To Zion’s hill.
They go from strength to strength
Through this dark vale of tears,
Till each arrives at length,
Till each in heaven appears:
O glorious seat!
When God our King
Shall thither bring
Our willing feet.
{One of the best-loved hymns written by Isaac Watts of Southampton (1674 – 1748: 74 years)}


For a Happy Death


O my Lord and Saviour, support me in my last hour by the strong arm of thy sacraments, and the fragrance of thy consolations. Let thy absolving words be said over me, and the holy oil sign and seal me; and let thine own Body be my food, and thy Blood my sprinkling; and let thy Mother Mary come to me, and my angel whisper peace to me, and thy glorious saints and my own dear patrons smile on me, that in and through them all I may die as I desire to live, in thy Church, in thy faith, and in thy love. Amen. My Jesus, mercy.                      – bl. J.H. Newman




__._,_.___
.
http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12519826/grpspId=1705083764/msgId=11992/stime=1318490781/nc1=5741395/nc2=5028928/nc3=4836037
__,_._,___











  



No comments:

Post a Comment